Frequently Asked Questions
Which states are included in the Great Lakes Region?
- The Great Lakes Region of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority,Incorporated® is comprised of chapters located in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Western New York, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia!
What are the signature programs for Alpha Kappa Alpha?
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® is dedicated to implementing programs of service that enhance the social, economic, and educational well-being of the local, national and international communities. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority serves their communities through the Sorority's international program targets: HBCU for Life, Women's Healthcare and Wellness, Building Your Economic Legacy, The Arts and Global Impact. Visit the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website for more information on the sorority's program targets and partnerships.
How can I become a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority?
- Alpha Kappa Alpha seeks women who will promote, uphold and extend its policies and programs. Membership can only be obtained by completing the Sorority's official Membership Intake Process. Women who are interested should visit the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website for more information.
Can I become a member post-graduation?
- Women with the motivation and the ability to promote and extend the policies and programs of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority are eligible for membership through invitation. Prospective members must have completed a baccalaureate degree with a cumulative average of a C+ or better or a graduate degree from an accredited senior college/university. The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website has more detailed information on the process.
How can I reactivate my membership?
- Please contact the local chapter in your area to discuss reactivation with the chapter president or membership chair. You can find contact information for local chapters by going to the Graduate Chapters and clicking on the chapter name to access its website.
Do I use the same credential to see Member's Only Info as I do to register for a regional activity?
- No. The Members Only site is on AKA1908.com and requires your corporate login id and password. To register for regional events, you must use your regional login and password. Please contact the Great Lakes Region Technology Committee if you have trouble registering.