Southern California Undergraduates
As the November 2016, presidential election is fast approaching, undergraduates of the Southern California Cluster are supporting “Be The Voice” for voter registration and awareness. In addition, they continue to collect backpacks and school supplies and support Think HBCU, under our International Program Target I: Educational Enrichment. Additionally, they also continue to focus on promoting Mental Health and Stroke & Heart Disease Awareness under Target II: Health Promotion, and collecting seasonal wraps and canned goods under Target III: Family Strengthening.
Alpha Gamma Chapter at University of California Los Angeles has experienced a great start to this fall 2016 semester. They have accomplished the following:
- Collected backpacks and school supplies
- Registered students to vote at the Enormous Activities Fair on their campus
- Participated in the NAMI Walk while also donating $30 to NAMI
- Donated to the Louisiana Relief Fund and the AKA HBCU Fund
- Held a Mental Health Awareness event titled “Mental Health: A Road to Stronger Minds”
- Participated in the Los Angeles Heart Health Walk
- Supported Think HBCU by posting facts on Instagram in observance of HBCU Pride Day
- Are currently hosting a Seasonal Wraps Drive
- Will be hosting their first Pink and Green Week where they will have a Presidential Debate Watch Party, a dance workshop to promote Heart Health Awareness, and collection of canned goods for Childhood Hunger Awareness
They have had an eventful first few months of the semester and continue to contribute greatly to driving forward Alpha Kappa Alpha’s International Program Targets!
Xi Upsilon Chapter at California State University Dominguez Hills is currently engaging with students on campus by discussing the importance of voting, collecting backpacks and school supplies for CAMS high school on campus, removing the stigma from Mental Health issues and, once again, collecting canned goods and seasonal wraps to donate to those in need.