Frequently Asked Questions
Which states are included in the Far Western Region?
- The Far Western Region of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority is comprised of chapters located in Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
What are the signature programs for Alpha Kappa Alpha and the Far Western Region?
- Awareness, advocacy and action are the primary vehicles for our worldwide delivery of services. Chapters serve their communities through the Sorority's international program targets: Educational Enrichment, Health Promotion, Family Strengthening, Environmental Ownership and Global Impact. Visit the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website for more information on the sorority's program targets and partnerships.
How can I become a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority?
- Alpha Kappa Alpha seeks women who will promote, uphold and extend its policies and programs. Membership can only be obtained by completing the Sorority's official Membership Intake Process. Women who are interested should visit the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website for more information.
Can I become a member post-graduation?
- Women with the motivation and the ability to promote and extend the policies and programs of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority are eligible for membership through invitation. Prospective members must have completed a baccalaureate degree with a cumulative average of a C+ or better or a graduate degree from an accredited senior college/university. The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. website has more detailed information on the process.
How can I reactivate my membership?
- Please contact the local chapter in your area to discuss reactivation with the chapter president or membership chair. You can find contact information for local chapters by going to the graduate chapter listing on this site and clicking on the chapter name to access its website.
Do I use the same credential to see Member's Only Info as I do to register for a regional activity?
- No. The Members Only site is on AKA1908.com and requires your corporate login id and password. To register for regional events, you must use your regional login and password. Please contact the FWR Technology Committee if you have trouble registering.
Why am I not receiving the Far Western Weekly Updates?
- There could be several reasons why the Far Western Weekly Updates are not reaching your inbox. First, please ensure your membership status is "active". Second, please ensure that the e-mail address associated with your member profile on AKA1908.com is entered correctly and used when you log on to the FWR registration page. If both the above are in place and you still don't receive the weekly e-mails, please contact the FWR Technology Committee.